Tuesday 29 September 2009

Strange blogging...

I did actually write a blog on Sunday, but the thing is, is that I wrote it on word, and now I can't find it. Chances are that I have saved it in some stupid idiotic place and now I will never see the light and the words of that blog ever. So according to you the past 3 days of my life have not existed, as you do not know that even I exist and therefore your knowledge is incorrigible, and this is what TOK does to you. Theory Of Knowledge seeps into my everyday life more than I want it to. I find myself asking my biology teacher how we know that fossils are actually imprints of animals left millions of years ago, and how we know that red blood cells carry oxygen around the body if we can't actually see oxygen how to we even know it's there? Despite this "subject" getting into my brain and messing it up I generally enjoy it quite a lot. A lot of the time we just have huge discussions and debates which are fun to argue against, or if I don't feel like saying anything I can just sit back and listen, and if I am feeling exceptionally lazy I can just turn off. TOK is fun, it's a bit different from all my other lessons which are just "learn this fact" subjects.

I bought the 'Hunger Games' after much recommendation. By much I MEAN A LOT! Okay, first of all the fiveawesomegirls have been raving about it, so I thought I might as well see if they have it in a British book store (doubtful as they didn't stock John Green's book - or know who he was for that matter) and they did. On the recommended titles shelf. So I bought it and went up to the cash desk, and the women serving me said "OH MY GOSH! I love this book, it's so amazing!" So I looked at her strangely and then the next day at school I was about to start it and my friend shouted at me from the other side of the room "I LOVE THAT BOOK! I READ IT IN ONE GO!" So there again is a person in love with this book. Is it the undiscovered 'Harry Potter'? Well, I haven't actually got round to reading it as I have to read 'The Bloody Chamber' by Angela Carter and 'So Long A Letter' by Mariama Ba, which is a whole book of a letter. I hate reading letters, that's where I got stuck in 'Pride and Prejudice' Darcy's REALLY long letter to Elizabeth. So I have a huge list of books I need to read, most of which will not impress my English teachers.

It's 5:35 in the afternoon and I still haven't started my homework. I will probably just look in my planner, see what I have to do, figure out when I have a free lesson and when I can do it then because I really cannot be bothered to do any homework. It's just so much hard work and I know this isn't really the ideal thing to say for someone whose ambition is to get to Cambridge or UCL or Edinburgh for that matter, but I just can't be bothered to pick up a pen and write when I come home from school, but I suppose what has to be done has to be done. I also have to play clarinet and saxophone which I cannot be bothered with either because I just don't have the time or the effort to want to. Do you suspect an especially lazy mood from me. I really do, and I didn't even realise it. I had double biology today as well. It's not even a double lesson which is stupid. It's biology, English, Biology. Which is practically pointless. This is seriously just turning into a rant about work now and emphasising on my laziness.

I may just go and buy Alex Day's album 10% off later today to make myself feel better. Then again I will feel bad because I don't have any money. Eurgh! I may also get out my winter thick duvet so I can snuggle up in that tonight. It's getting a bit chilly, which is bad, because... it's cold, but good because it reminds me of Christmas and I love how happy everyone is at Christmas. Teacher allow us to slack a bit, we have entertainment, Christmas trees, secrect santa, cards, snow! AH SNOW! I LOVE THEE!

Okay, I realise that this blog is not really about what has happened in my life these past few days and I shall now list what I have done in a very boring fashion as I really do have to do my homework.

1. Saw 500 days of Summer (<3)
2. Went to Bluewater and bought some new shoes and a skirt (for school :\)
3. Went to music and played 2nd clarinet again
4. Went to bed at around 8:30 because I wanted to read my book
5. Did my philosophy presentation - which was a flop because I had notes that I "read of"
6. that is it, see what a great life I lead with social events and such things :\

wonderful

okay, this is starting to get sarcastic and such things, and as you can tell I am in quite an odd mood. I don't know how long this blog is, so I apologise either way.

Goodbye friends, until tomorrow (maybe)

No comments: