Sunday 30 August 2009

London Again

So today I went to London for the second time this weekend. Yesterday was more fun and interesting by far but what can you do.
We went and saw art. First the Tate Britain with this guy who walked and made art in the countryside and stuff, it was pretty good. Apparently he walked crazily fast he did like 113 miles in 3 days, and 1020 miles in 33 days CRAZY. To anyone who has done Duke of Edinburgh you will understand me when I ask "HOW?" Anyway he did these awesome word art things where he described what he saw on his walks or what he heard and things like that. I thought that was pretty cool.
Then we went to Kensington Gardens and took a look at the Serpentine pavilion, it's nice, but it's not like WOAH! Anyway there was this guy there who was checking to see if people were touching it (what is it with the public not being allowed to touch things?), I thought this was a bit odd, it was outside. The rain and the wind and the suns rays can touch it yet human hands cannot.... hm.
Then we went in the gallery and there was this weird exhibition on with contemporary art. There were these blow up toys that children use at the beach and such stuck through objects like ladders and chairs. They were actually aluminium.
I don't know how I feel about this kind of art. One way I think it's great how people can be so creative and such. Then other ways I just think "what is this crap?"

art is sometimes weird. sometimes a bit too weird. but I suppose that's the thing that makes it art. the weirdness.

I've nearly finished reading Sophie's World. It's the same kind of concept as above.

3 days til school = end of summer = bad!

No comments: