Monday 12 April 2010

Ah musicians

Revision drives me insane. I like learning everything, but not re-learning and re-learning and re-learning over and over until it's so solidly stuck in my head that it feels like there is no possible way that I can think of anything else for fear of it over flowing and loosing it all. I have mock exams in a little less than a month, and the scary thing is, is that these grades go on our UCAS university applications. So lets not dwell on scary things too much now, take it as it comes.

I have not been here for a while, shameful I know, but it was my birthday and then I went on band camp. Now, this may sound like some kind of strange and encourage you to pick out certain films and quotes. But let me tell you, it's so much fun!
First of all the music school rents out this beautiful boarding school in the middle of nowhere, where we can be as loud and as crazy as we please (within the rules of course :p).
Secondly, you are surrounded by wonderfully beautiful, funny and talented people for a whole week.
And finally, you get you play music for a eight hours a day and eat lovely food for the rest of the time.
I knew a lot of people who were going, but still I was a bit apprehensive before setting off as I didn't know anyone really well as I am new to the group and have only performed with them once before at Christmas. So, as well as making new friends, my friendships with people I knew only slightly before developed during the week and before long we were one big happy group of 'normal' musicians all there for the same reason. There are many inside jokes which will be kept for years and years and memories from the week and the concert.
The concert itself was joint with the county choirs - much to our dismay as we spent many evenings half-heartly slagging them off in a jokey, yet some what sincere fashion - and contained a multitude of Broadway show tunes to connect to the American theme that the council was holding that week in the theatre and as part of the local area music festival. It was so lovely to play on the stage with all my friends despite the lights almost making us all into 'slow-roasted humans' for the audience to enjoy after the concert.
Now we just have to wait for summer to roll around until we all see each other again, so I suppose looking forward to it will build up anticipation and make us even more excited than before.
So, I've just been on a huge facebook friend adding spree for everyone I met, and 'liking' every comment which has something to do with the concert and KYWO people. It's just really nice to be part of something where everyone is as passionate or has a great love for music as you do.

The revision stopped 20 minutes ago after finishing off a chapter on the chemistry of life for biology - my least favourite and understanding topic, and a revision of Plato and Aristotle's theories for philosophy. That's enough to keep me going for one day. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and it is, yet again a revising day. I feel more motivated to write blogs when I have something else to do. Ah procrastination. How I hate thee.

Also, I came home to loads of chocolate that I hadn't eaten before I left. I'm the only one with loads left from Easter :)

It's the small things in life, it really is!

No comments: